Centerplate brings to life new Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Stand at TD Bank Ballpark
Stamford, Conn.—MAY 2, 2014—Centerplate, the global live events hospitality firm serving premier sporting and entertainment destinations across North America and Europe, joined the Somerset Patriots and Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey on April 29th in celebrating the opening of the Horizon Healthy Plate quick-serve stand for the 2014 season at TD Bank Ballpark in Bridgewater, NJ.
As the exclusive food and beverage provider for Somerset Patriots fans at TD Bank Ballpark, Centerplate helped to bring the menu offerings at the new stand to life. The Horizon Healthy Plate menu was designed by certified nutritionists and includes popular heart-healthy dining choices as well as seasonal Jersey Fresh produce, grown in the state.
“Centerplate is excited to play a role in making it better to be at the park for fans as well as the community,” said Centerplate General Manager Michael McDermott. “We’re proud to offer a variety of options to families and include locally-sourced ingredients as part of the Patriots fan experience.”
Highlights of the new health-conscious ballpark-ready menu includes:
- Veggie Burger: all-natural black bean veggie burger served on a whole-grain bun.
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich: grilled low-fat, low-sodium chicken breast topped with fresh lettuce and tomatoes and served on a whole-grain bun with Ken’s® fat-free raspberry vinaigrette dressing on the side.
- Turkey Burger: low-fat turkey burger patty topped with fresh lettuce and tomatoes, served on a whole grain bun with Ken’s® fat free raspberry vinaigrette dressing on the side.
- Garden Salad: fresh lettuce topped with tomatoes and croutons served with Ken’s® fat-free raspberry vinaigrette dressing on the side.
- Fresh Fruit Cup: a refreshing medley of fresh-cut pineapple, cantaloupe, honey dew, orange slices and red seedless grapes, served ready-to-eat in a takeaway cup.
- Utz® Baked Crisps: naturally baked potato crisps (gluten-free).
- Centerplate Snack Smart® Gluten-free Snack Pack: each sealed box contains Kit’s Organic Fruit & Nut Bar, Rocky Mountain White Cheddar Popcorn, Mott’s Natural Applesauce, and Jack Link’s Beef Stick.
- Steve’s Healthy Frozen Chillers® 100% juice frozen slushee with no added sugar or artificial colors. (gluten-free).
Sugar-free beverages, including Powerade Zero® and Dasani® Water are also available.
“We look forward to being able to offer our fans healthy menu options,” said Patrick McVerry, President and General Manager of the Somerset Patriots. “As a family-oriented organization, we understand the importance of smarter eating choices, and hope the Horizon Healthy Plate Concession Stand can help make those choices easier and affordable.”
Members of the Somerset Patriots’ ownership and management, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey representatives and New Jersey Secretary of Agriculture Douglas H. Fisher all participated in a ceremonial ribbon cutting for the stand yesterday evening.
About the Somerset Patriots
The Somerset Patriots are a member of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball and play their home games at TD Bank Ballpark in Bridgewater, NJ. The Somerset Patriots are one of the most successful minor league franchises in the nation, averaging over 5,300 fans per game and 360,000 fans per season since the ballpark opened in 1999. For more information about the Somerset Patriots, please visit www.somersetpatriots.com.
Centerplate is a global leader in live event hospitality, “Making It Better To Be There®” for more than 115 million guests each year at more than 350 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America, Europe and the United Kingdom-including three Major League Baseball parks. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 21 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com or connect via Twitter @centerplate or Facebook /centerplate.