PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
Centerplate takes the protection of your personal data very seriously.
We developed this policy to inform you of the conditions under which we collect, process, use and protect your personal data. Please read it carefully to familiarize yourself with the categories of personal data that are subject to collection and processing, how we use these data and with whom we are likely to share it. This policy describes how you can get in touch with us on any questions you might have concerning your personal data.
This policy may be amended, supplemented or updated, in particular to comply with any legal, regulatory, case law or technical developments that may arise. However, your personal data will be processed in accordance with the policy in force at the time of the data collection, unless a compulsory legal prescription determines otherwise and must be enforced retroactively.
"Personal Data" means any information relating to an identified natural person or one that can be directly or indirectly identified by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to this person. Personal Data will share the same definition as “Personally Identifiable Information.”
- "us" or "our" those entities of Centerplate that are based in the United States or Canada.
- "you" any website or application user/visitor.
COLLECTION AND SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We use Personal Data to operate, administer and improve the Website, deliver the services or carry out the transactions you have requested, improve our services, provide you with more effective customer service, perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies, satisfy our legitimate business interests (including performing trend analysis and market studies), set prices, accomplish the billing function, display content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences, and comply with government regulations. We also use personal information about you to communicate with you about the Website, transactions with you, and additional products and services you may find of value. To do all of this, we combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and offline, including information from third party sources.
- We will most likely collect your personal data directly (via the data collection forms on our Website) or indirectly (via our service providers and/or technologies on our Website). We undertake to obtain your consent and/or to allow you to refuse the use of your data for certain purposes whenever necessary.
- You have the option to click on the dedicated icons of social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, etc. that appear on our Website. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow the social network to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit. Social networks create a friendlier atmosphere on the Website and assist in promoting the Website via sharing. Video sharing services enrich the video content of the Website and increase its visibility. When you click on these buttons, we may have access to the personal information that you have made public and accessible via your profiles on the social networks in question. We neither create nor use any separate databases from these social networks based on the personal information that you have published there and we do not process any data relating to your private life through these means. If you do not want us to have access to your personal information published in the public spaces of your profile or your social accounts, then you should use the procedures provided by the social networks in question to limit access to this information.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AND USED BY US
- There are three ways in which personal data is collected or processed by Centerplate:
- − Centerplate collects and processes personal data obtained directly from our employees for the purposes of human resource management including hiring, deployment, compensation, benefits, leave management, performance management, discipline and termination, as well as emergency contact;
- − Centerplate collects personal data that our customers provide to us in connection with the services that we provide to them; and
- − Centerplate collects personal data through visits to this Website.
- On this Website, we may specifically collect and process the following types of personal data:
- − the information that you provide when filling in the forms on the Website (for example, for subscription purposes, to participate in surveys, for marketing purposes, etc.);
- - the information that you provide for authentication purposes;
- - the information that you provide for order fulfillment or to provide a service;
- - records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- - via “posts”, comments or other content that you post on the Website
- Personal data identified by an asterisk in the data collection forms are compulsory as these are necessary to fulfill any orders placed. In the absence of this compulsory information, these transactions cannot be processed.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE PERSONAL DATA
- We use your personal data specifically for the following purposes:
- − to present our Website and its contents to you;
- − to respond to your requests such as requests for information, searches, the newsletter or other content;
- − to provide the services and offers ordered on our Website and/or in one of our establishments;
- − to offer you our products and services and/or our partners’ products and services; and,
- − any other purpose of which we will inform you, if applicable, when we collect your data.
LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
We process your personal data as part of the performance and management of our contractual relationship with you, in our legitimate interest to improve the quality and operational excellence of the services we offer to you, or in compliance with certain regulatory obligations. Your personal data may also be processed based on your prior consent in the event that under certain circumstances, your consent would be requested.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The security and confidentiality of your personal data are of great importance to us. This is why we restrict access to your personal data only to members of our staff who need to have this information in order to process your orders or to provide the requested service.
We will not disclose your personal data to any unauthorized third parties. We may, however, share your personal data with entities within the Centerplate group and with authorized service providers (for example: technical service providers hosting, maintenance, consultants, etc.) whom we may call upon for the purpose of providing our services. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose your data, except to the extent necessary to deliver the services on our behalf or to comply with legal obligations. Furthermore, we may share personal data concerning you (i) if the law or a legal procedure requires us to do so, (ii) in response to a request by public authorities or other officials or (iii) if we are of the opinion that transferring these data is necessary or appropriate to prevent any physical harm or financial loss or in respect of an investigation concerning a suspected or proven unlawful activity. We may partner with third parties to provide advertisements to visitors through the Website. These third parties are only provided the information necessary to perform their services and are only permitted to use such information for the provision of such services. We may also aggregate general statistics that we gather about visitors, sales, traffic patterns, and services and provide these statistics to third parties; however, when we do, these statistics will not include any personal information that identifies individuals.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
STORAGE PERIOD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will store your data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed. This period may be extended, if applicable, for any amount of time prescribed by any legal or regulatory provisions that may apply.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CHILDREN
The Website is for use by adult persons who have the capacity to conclude a contract under the legislation of the country in which they are located. This Webste is not directed towards children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features/register on the Website, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
As Sodexo, the parent company of Centerplate, is an international group, your personal data may be transmitted to internal or external recipients that are authorized to perform services on our behalf and that are located in countries outside the country where data was collected (such as in the United States or Canada). In the event that personal data is transferred internationally, the government, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the transferred to jurisdiction may be able to obtain disclosure of the data through the laws of that jurisdiction. To guarantee the security and confidentiality of personal data thus transmitted, we will take appropriate measures to ensure that these data receive adequate protection, such as signing standard European Commission contractual clauses or other equivalent measures.
If you have subscribed to certain services via our Website and you no longer want to receive emails, please consult the “unsubscribe” page corresponding to the service you are subscribed to.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments with regard to this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following address email@example.com or contact our Group Data Protection Officer by sending an email at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.