Local Flavors Highlight New Food and Beverage Lineup for 2017
St. Petersburg, Fla.—March 27, 2017— The Tampa Bay Rays and Centerplate, the team’s hospitality partner, today welcomed new Executive Chef Marcelo Miranda to Tropicana Field and introduced new food and beverage items for the 2017 baseball season. The new offerings feature a mix of some Tampa Bay favorites and new creative items that provide a top-notch culinary experience for fans.
“We are excited to welcome Chef Marcelo to Tropicana Field,” said Centerplate General Manager John Cirelli. “Under his creative leadership, fans will have even more to cheer about this season, with an expanded menu of local items that features the best of Tampa Bay.”
Chef Marcelo will be overseeing all food operations at Tropicana Field, including premium suite levels, clubs and the general concourses. He is a seasoned industry veteran with a vibrant energy for food, service and hospitality. A graduate of the esteemed Culinary Institute of America, he was formerly the executive chef for Turner Field, executive chef at the Kansas City Speedway, culinary director for the WinStar World Casino and he regularly performs volunteer work for local food networks
New to the lineup is the Urban Dugout, a food stand operated by Urban Restaurant Group. Their St. Petersburg restaurants —Urban Brew and BBQ, Urban Comfort, Urban Deli and Drafts and Urban Creamery—serve up fresh goodies prepared from scratch. The stand will feature a selection of favorites including their famous crispy fried chicken sandwich, chicken and waffles, homemade mac and cheese and delicious BBQ plates. Crowd favorites Taco Bus, Pipo’s and Evan Longoria’s Ducky’s restaurant all return this season, as well
For the second straight year, the Rays and Green Bench Brewing—St. Petersburg’s first craft microbrewery—have partnered to create a beer exclusively for sale at Tropicana Field. Developed in response to extensive taste-testing conducted by fans last season, 4-Seam American Lager (4.8% ABV) will make its debut for the 2017 season. The Rays and Green Bench worked to make 4-Seam a light, refreshing and thirst quenching lager with bright clarity and high drinkability. Fans can purchase it at various stands throughout the ballpark.
4-Seam American Lager will join an extensive draft beer lineup in the Everglades Brewhouse in Center Field Street that was revamped this offseason to feature mostly local craft beers. With 38 taps, the Brewhouse offers more variety than anywhere in the ballpark. From wheat beers and blonde ales to IPAs and a sour grapefruit Gose, the Everglades Brewhouse is the best spot to sample beer from St. Petersburg and beyond.
Other top new additions from Centerplate for the 2017 season include:
General Concessions Areas
- The Fish Shack—this new concession stand in the First Base Food Court offers Florida seafood favorites, including delicious crispy fried fish sandwiches, fried seafood baskets and garlic crab fries.
- The Wine Cellar—located in Center Field Street, the wine cellar serves premium wines by the glass or full bottle carafe for fans to share in their seats.
- Cuban Favorites—try a fun twist on a Tampa Bay classic, like the Cuban burger or vegetarian Cuban which has fresh grilled veggies and mozzarella cheese. For traditionalists, the classic Cuban sandwich is also available from this stand in the Third Base Food Court.
- Grilled Cheese Burger—satisfy two-cravings with one sandwich. This behemoth burger features our fresh, locally-sourced ground beef patty between two buttery grilled cheese sandwiches. Head to the Burger Up! stand in the First Base Food Court and dig in.
- Brunch Bloody Mary—offered during all day games in the First and Third Base Food Courts, the Brunch Bloody Mary contains a skewer of sausage, egg, chicken and waffles, bacon and donuts served in a keepsake mason jar.
Clubs and Suites
- The Republic Bank Draft Room, which opened in 2016 and remains exclusively available for Rays Season Ticket Holders, will feature a new dessert bar offering specialty cakes, fresh baked cookies, gourmet coffees and assorted candies and snacks.
- New suite items include Florida citrus ceviche, braised pork osso bucco, local crab, and chicken and goat cheese pizza.
Centerplate is a global leader in live event hospitality, “Making It Better To Be There®” for more than 116 million guests each year at more than 300 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America, Europe and the United Kingdom. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to more than 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 14 Super Bowls and 22 World Series. Visit the company online at Centerplate.com, connect via Twitter @centerplate, Instagram @Centerplate_ or Facebook.com/centerplate.
About the Tampa Bay Rays
The Tampa Bay Rays mission is to energize the community through the magic of Rays baseball. The organization is committed to building a strong community bond through meaningful interactions and charitable donations, and has proudly represented Major League Baseball since 1998.